4.01.2012

Meet Bennit

Hey All!

I'm so sorry I haven't been posting as much as I would like, I've been hard at work on some new die cutting shapes and digital papers that will be debuting next week on my new Etsy site!
I also have some super fabulous news: my sister, Rachel Land, who is a talented children's book illustrator has agreed to partner with me to create diecuts of some of her wonderful characters.

As children, we spent hours and hours playing in the little nook under our stairs that we had converted into an imaginary world we called Juniper Wood. Its inhabitants were all woodland creatures with personalities and histories. We had many wild adventures together and we have decided to bring to life some of that world and share it with you and your children. Today, I would like to introduce you to the first character in our Juniper Wood series, Bennit the bunny.

Here is some of Rachel's concept art that I used to create the die cut shapes:



And here is a sneek peek at one of the finished shapes included in the Bennit series:

I printed and cut Bennit's layers and added a few shading details with ink (for the edges) and copic markers. The files will include a print and cut and normal cut version of the Silhouette file plus a colored .svg file for those of you who don't have a Silhouette.
The border and flower are new designs of mine and I love how they turned out! I added stickles and flower soft to the flower to make it more detailed : ).

I created this project for the bunny challenge over at Monica's Creative Madness blog. All the shapes and papers here are mine, all printed and cut with my Silhouette Cameo, some of which will be available to you very soon!

Project Ingredients:
  • Cardstock: Conqueror
  • die cutting machine: Sillhouette
  • ribbon: hand dyed hug snug seam binding
  • twine: Heidi Swapp (Soiree collection)
  • other: flower soft, stickles glitter glue, ink

6 comments:

  1. Yay! We LOVE Bennit. He's a cutie. So glad you two are doing this together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great is it when you have the help of a loved one! A super talented family; I can't wait to see more of your creations.

    Colin

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great! Ilove Bennit! He is just super adorable! It's so awesome that you and your sister and getting together. A new creative adventure! How fun! Thanks for playing along with us over at Cameo Creations.

    Toodles
    Monica
    www.monicascreativemadness.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Bennit too!! You are so talented! I wish I could draw too.

    Thanks for playing with us in the Cameo Creations Challenge.

    Good luck!

    www.craftinginthenight.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just so adorable! Bennit is so cute! Thanks so much for joining us at Cameo Creations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww... this is so cute!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Cameo Creations =)

    www.shortycreations.com

    ReplyDelete