2.16.2012

Runway Inspired Challenge #5

Don't forget to enter my Cricut Art Nouveau Blog Candy posted here!

Hey All!

Today I have a card based on inspiration from the Runway Inspired Challenge (RIC) Blog. Some of you may have guessed already that I love challenges and I love the idea of basing projects off of runway fashion. Anyway, here is the inspirational image for the challenge:


And here is my take on it:



I just loved the light and breezy feel of it and the delicate white against the blue with the pop of tan from the shoes. I had just purchased these digital papers from Optic Illusions and they were the perfect color. I overlayed the background panels with a vintage lace pattern from Martora. It came in a set of patterns that are all totally versatile and gorgeous.



The butterflies were shapes that I made using Silhouette studio and the tag shape was made with the Cricut using Theresa Collins Sampler Cartridge. I love this cartridge so much and the uses for its shapes are literally endless. to make the frame, just layer two of the shapes inside each other without welding them. Easy Peasy!

Ingredients:
  • Cricut Cartridges Used: Theresa Collins sampler
  • Cardstock: Conqueror
  • Patterned Papers: www.etsy.com/shop/opticillusions
  • lace overlay:www.etsy.com/shop/martora
  • Sentiment: Baroque Script and Annabel Antique Script
  • Other: Silhouette Cameo, Tim Holtz ink


~Here's to the creative journey

2 comments:

  1. I love the 3 panels in the background, and the placement of the butterflies. Thanks for playing with the Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete