You might have noticed that I haven't posted in a while and that is because I spent the past week in Missouri with my extended family. My husband Stephen had never met some of my uncles and cousins and since my grandpa will be 90 in August, we thought we should make a trip out there. Stephen had never been to the Midwest so it was a new experience for him. Here are some of the highlights:
- Stuffing ourselves with amazing barbecue
- Riding jet skis on Tablerock Lake
- Rapelling in Talking Rocks cave
- Visiting Silver Dollar City
- Visiting Bridge Creek: the house that my grandparents built way out in the woods near Branson
- Visiting the St. Louis arch
- Finding a little vintage bookstore where I purchased a 10 volume, illustrated encyclopedia from 1880!
- Visiting my aunt's consignment shop. My aunt generously gave us a bunch of stuff, including a coach purse for me and some super nice dress shoes for Stephen!
Something else I worked on this week was a new set of digi papers called Something Old, Something New. I found these beautiful old images of roses and was inspired to make this set. All the design elements were meticulously reproduced from vintage sources and I love the way it turned out. The set includes 18 beautiful digital papers and is available on my Etsy shop HERE.
I was inspired by this week's Mojo Monday sketch and based on this sketch:
Silhouette plus forum. I just printed and cut all the pieces with my Silhouette and used dimensional foam tape to put them together.
- Patterned paper: "Something Old, Something new" by Tangle's Treasures
- sentiment: Albermarle font
- ribbon: Midori dupioni
- glitter: stickles glitter glue
- pearls: Recollections