Here is my card for the ribbon tabs challenge over at the Create: blog. I always love seeing what the talented designers over there come up with and this week was no exception! I haven't ever used ribbon tabs before but I had some new digi papers and elements that i was dying to try so I gave it a whirl. Hope you like it!
The background paper was from a new favorite etsy seller of mine called Optic Illusions. She does beautiful work and is having a sale right now: 30% off everything in her store! the two distressed background tags are from a seller called Amelia Lune Digital. She has a dollar store where you can get sets of vintage ephemera for just $1! For the sentiment I used Silhouette studio to impose a vintage frame from yet another etsy seller: Babapuff. I just increased the transparency to fade it a bit and then added a sentiment using the Champignon and Trixie Pro Heavy fonts. Everything was then printed on my printer and cut out with my silhouette. The ribbon was added using two staples that I had aged by coloring them with my copics. I also colored these silver Recollections pearls with three different colors to match the card. I used a purply red, green, and brown and I love how they turned out. You can't really tell in the photo but they have a beautiful colorful finish. I love being able to use my Copics to customize my embellishments.
- Cardstock: French Paper co.
- Background digi paper: www.etsy.com/shop/opticalillusions
- digi vintage ephemera: www.etsy.com/shop/amelialunedigital
- fancy frame: www.etsy.com/shop/babapuff
- sentiment: TrixiePro Heavy and Champignon fonts
- silver pearls: Recollections
- ribbon:Midori Dupioni
- other: silhouette cameo, staples, copic markers, tim holtz distress ink (tea dye and walnut stain)