1.06.2012

Art Nouveau: #4

Hey All!

Well, I have some sad news, my Cricut Imagine stopped working and after talking to some very friendly and helpful customer service people, the diagnosis was that they need to replace my machine. Although I'm very happy that they are providing this service, I am sad that I will be without my Imagine for a few weeks. Luckily, I have a bunch of completed projects to share with you over the next few weeks until I get my new Imagine. Here is a notebook I made using one of the beautiful face images. I just took some kraft cardstock, cut and scored it to fit the little notepad and inked the edges with some Ranger distress ink. The patterned paper is K&Company.



Inside, I just attached a little notepad I got out of the Joann's dollar bin.


I wasn't quite satisfied with the cutout face so after printing and cutting out all the pieces on the Imagine, I trimmed the nose and neck a bit and added my own face with pen and shaded it with copics. The hair and flower were also shaded with copics and then I cut out a vellum circle to mount behind it for added stability. The lettering was cut with vinyl using the font on the cartridge. I painted her earring with copper metallic paint and added some rhinestones for a bit of sparkle. The accent on the flower was from Recollections.

~Here's to the creative journey

No comments:

Post a Comment