8.28.2014

Labelled Herb Pots

Wow, so a lot has happened since I last posted and the biggest news is that my hubby and I bought a house! We moved in July15th and since then my world has exploded with creative possibilities. I've been thrift shopping furniture like crazy and for the first time I have the space to plant a garden! Also, I now have a huge, out of this world studio that I spend most of my time in : ). I wanted to start posting more often as a chronicle of my new creative journey so thank you for coming along for the ride!

My project today was to spiff up some plain clay pots to use in my container kitchen garden. I'm hoping to have raised beds eventually but for now i'm starting things simple with pots. I bought some delicious smelling Morrocan mint and needed a pot to plant it in. For those of you who don't know about mint, its super easy to grow but is also very invasive so it should always be planted in a container unless you want an entire garden full of mint. Here is my project photo:
I used Americana paint in Bahama blue and then used Martha Stewart silk screens and adhesive stencils to add the letters and embellishments. This is the first time I've used the adhesive stencils and they are fantastic. They are a thicker, rubbery material with a cling type adhesive and they worked well on the pot and would do even better on a less porous surface. After the paint was dry I applied some Americana clear creme wax that I bought for redoing furniture and then some rubbed on some creme wax in golden brown to give it an aged look. I will post a picture of my growing little garden once Its a bit more put together : ). Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment