4.24.2012

Thread Spool Love Note

Hey All!

I saw an idea on Pinterest awhile ago that I decided to try. It was to make little notes using a thread spool and paper.

Here is what I started with:

Here is what I ended with:

It was super easy!
Step 1: stain the spool with time Holtz Distress Ink (vintage photo and walnut stain)
Step 2: cut two 6" strips of paper to fit your spool
Step 3: Decoupage the first strip around your spool (also put a thin layer of decoupage on the wood to add shine) , then write a note on the second strip and attach one end of it to the first paper layer with Scotch quick dry paper adhesive.

Step 4: to close the note, insert a brad into the end of the loose strip, attach twine or string to the brad and then wrap around the spool, ending by wrapping the string around the brad again.
step 5: hot glue a brad into the top of the spool

I wrote one of my favorite Shakespeare sonnet on the inside and gave it to my husband.


Ingredients:
  • Thread spool: Joann Fabrics
  • Patterned paper, brad: My Mind's Eye Lost & Found collection "Sunshine"
  • Decoupage: Mod Podge
  • Paper Adhesive: Scotch Quick Dry paper adhesive (love this stuff)
  • Hot Glue Gun: Art Minds
~Here's to the Creative Journey

No comments:

Post a Comment