4.13.2012

Cricut Spring Cottage

Hey All!

So today I pulled out my poor little neglected Cricut to do a project for the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog. I always forget how much I like Cricut images and then I start looking through my cartridges and get instantly inspired. Challenge was to use bows and buttons and since I usually do that on all my cards anyway, this one was easy. I love these little mushrooms from the Spring Cottage Cricut Cartridge and this is my first project with them. I don't know why, but they reminded me of a little family so I came up with this unique baby card idea. I hope you like it!
 The papers used for the mushrooms are digital (of course) called Fleuriste by Cosmo Cricket available here at Jessicasprague.com. These papers are so grungy and earthy, I just love them.

I made a custom embossing plate for the background....something I just discovered the other day. It super easy, I just used CCR to weld together some of the fern shapes and then cut them out of stencil plastic and used spray adhesive to glue them on a piece of chipboard. Then, I ran it through my Cuttlebug with the following sandwich: A plate, B plate, chipboard embossing plate, paper, 2 rubber embossing mats, B plate. It was a little tough to get It through but it made a really nice deep impression.

I've tried this with complicated geometric patterns too and all you have to do is transfer the plastic off your sticky mat with transfer tape, spray with adhesive, then stick it down on the chipboard (another piece of stencil plastic would work instead of chipboard and may got through the Cuttlebug a bit easier.)
Ingredients:
  • Cardstock: French paper company
  • Cricut Cartridges used: Spring Cottage (mushrooms, ferns, fern embossing folder) Nifty Fifties (background shape)
  • patterned paper: Fleuriste digital papers by Cosmo Cricket
  • Twine: House of Three
  • button: Joann Fabric and Crafts
  • ink: Tim Holtz (vintage photo), Tsukineko dew drop (Bamboo Leaves)
~Here's to the Creative Journey

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh, this is so pretty! I love the look of your mushrooms and the unique concept for your baby card. It looks fabulous!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fantabulous Cricut!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card. I love that its not what you typically see for a baby card. really sweet. Thanks for joining us at FCCB!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS! Love the papers you chose and the embossing blows me away! Thanks so much for sharing how you did that. I'll be trying that for sure. xxD

    ReplyDelete