1.14.2012

Cricut cartridge Art Nouveau #6

Snow Day!

Today was the first snow of the year and also the first snow that my husband and I have had since we got married. It was perfect because we were planning on taking down our Christmas tree today but being able to sit with the christmas lights on and snow falling softly outside was so magical. Our tree is a little trooper, we cut it down ourselves right after Thanksgiving and its still drinking water. I asked my husband to help me start taking it down and he gave me his best little boy puppy dog face and said "we can't throw it out when its still alive!" Oh well, I guess it will be here for another week.

The card I made for today is for my Mom. When I saw the calla lily image on the Art Nouveau cartridge, I was really excited because calla lilies are one of my mom's favorite flowers. My mom also likes simple, beautiful cards so I kept this one as simple as possible. The pieces were all printed and cut with my Imagine and then I painted on some iridescent medium onto the top flower layer and touched it all up with copics. The background was embossed with a Cuttlebug folder and the ribbon is Midori dupioni silk ribbon. I love, love, love this ribbon. It forms beautifully, although it is on the pricey side so I try to save it for my most special cards. Enjoy!





~Here's to the creative journey

4 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning! I love the soft colors you used here and the embossed background. And thank you for your kind words....they mean the world to me! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving me those sweet comments! It really means a lot! Your work is SO beautiful! Really inspirational as well- I'm glad I found it! New follower :)
    Hugs,
    Heather P :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! Choosing to follow me is really the highest compliment you could give : )

      Delete
  3. I just found this after doing a google image search for the art nouveau cart. Your card is lovely! Thanks so much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete